June 29, 2017

Ordinary People

In recent years, I have been doing hiking trips with an organization called Road Scholar.  Their trips are designed for people age 55 and older, and the participants, for the most part, are well traveled and educated professionals.  Of course, with every travel group, there can be problematic people, but on these trips, everyone tends to behave themselves.  Not so with the spiritual trips that I have been on, where some people feel entitled to act up and act out at the drop of a hat with no regard to the rest of the group.  I have experienced more bad behavior from those who consider themselves “spiritual” than on a trip with ordinary people.

There is nothing wrong with those in the ordinary people category, including those with whom I was traveling last week, except that they have no spiritual basis for life, and are pretty immersed in the material world.  They just don’t know any better!  So when I explain what I do for a living, I get some polite but vacant looks as they can’t put me into any category that they are familiar with.  No problem, as I am still treated like one of the bunch. 

This all makes me realize that those of you who are reading this are probably in the tiny minority of humans who have more awareness than the vast majority of the population.  It is up to us to raise the torch of enlightenment for the rest of the world to follow.  Do not hide your light under a bushel, so to speak.  Let it shine out.  We are the way showers for the rest of the world.  On the trip last week, I did not hesitate to answer any questions that a fellow traveler posed about what I do and who I am.  Perhaps I piqued someone’s interest in delving more into the unseen worlds.  One person at a time until we reach that 100th monkey! 

I will do some more sorting of my photos and write more about my trip in the next post.  The photo at the top of this post is from an overlook looking down into the Black Canyon of the Gunnison in Colorado.   Until next time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment