August 2, 2013

Sorting Through Stuff



I didn’t sleep very well last night at all.  That is unusual for me unless something is going on in the ethers.  As it was, I had to get up at 5:30 AM to get ready to go into to Cortez to photograph the annual hot air balloon launch, and then on to Zumba at 8 AM.  The class had the poorest attendance out of all of the Fridays since the first of the year, and the ladies were also complaining of lethargy and general dopiness.  Join the club!  It could be because of the weather as we are into the monsoon and it is cloudy and more humid than we are used to, but I don’t think so.  Something is being stirred up.  Just look at all of the deadly train and bus crashes that took place in the last 10 days or so.  They could be a symptom of a “disturbance in the force!” 

When the sleep state is very light, as it was last night, dreamtime messages are also easier to grab on to.  I got a big one.  The message was that I have too much stuff.  Now, I am not a hoarder, and everything is put away in a neat and organized way.  The problem is that there is a fair amount that I have barely or never used.  I also tend to stock up, so there is more than enough copy paper, paper towels, kitty litter, condiments, underwear, shoes and bug spray to last for a good long time.  I am also learning how to make French macarons, so the freezer is full of those in addition to a bumper crop of green beans from the garden as a result of a good dose of horse manure.  Let’s hope that the power does not go out at an inauspicious time to cause my goodies to defrost. 

On a consciousness level, too much stuff, either material or mental, can create a big distraction and clog up the works.  This will be the project for the weekend and I plan to be brutal. All the excess will be given away or donated to a worthy cause.  As soon as I post this, I will start the sorting and clearing process.  Not the underwear, of course!  One can never have enough underwear.

Simplicity should be the order of the day.   I have finally quit the ballroom dancing and felt a sense of relief as soon as I made that decision.  Now if only I can find someone to take all of those dance shoes off my hands!!!

4 comments:

  1. Doubt the shoes are the correct size otherwise...

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I interest you in a tango dress perhaps? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What color? :-) Not sure we have the same taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several. The choice is yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete