April 8, 2013

Time Off

I just wanted to let everyone know that there will be no posts for about 10 days while I go on a little excursion over into Arizona.  I am meeting a friend for some touring around Monument Valley, hiking the slot canyons of Page, and sitting by her pool in Tempe.  I am so overdue for a vacation!  Even though I travel a fair amount, it is mostly for teaching or learning, and not for relaxing or fun.  Being the workaholic that I am, I have to schedule free time away from home if I am to get any kind of a decent break. This trip will involve quite a bit of driving, but it is mostly through beautiful country.  Desert and red rocks contrasting with the blue of Lake Powell.  Basaltic monoliths at sunset on the Navajo reservation.  Museums and shopping in Phoenix.  Lazing by my friend's pool.  Perfect! 



No comments:

Post a Comment